I'm currently working with Fourier transforms of measures on the $\mathbb{T}^n$ (more specifically in dimension two), i.e. $$ \hat{\mu}(k) = \int_{\mathbb{T}^n} e^{i k \cdot x} d\mu(x) $$ or something of that form. I am unfamiliar with this theory and would really appreciate a good reference on this topic.

Would anyone be able to point me to a good reference on the Fourier transform of measures over some unit cell? I have found literature for when $\mathbb{T}$ is replaced with $\mathbb{R}$, but am struggling to find a good reference for the requested case.

In case it is relevant, I am interested in the case when $k$ takes values on some lattice.

  • 9
    $\begingroup$ Since you want $\mathbb T$, not $\mathbb R$, you should look up Fourier series rather than Fourier transform. $\endgroup$ Jul 30, 2021 at 23:31
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @AndreasBlass Ah yes. I just thought that the general phrase transform is used when working with measures. Thank you for the hint :) $\endgroup$
    – spaceman
    Jul 31, 2021 at 7:00

1 Answer 1


You can refer to Chapter Four of

G. B. Folland, A Course in Abstract Harmonic Analysis. CRC Press, 1995.

The book really deserves the word "course" in its title.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.