MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does there exist, either still in development or already on on-line, anything like a wiki-type tool designed for mathematicians and students studying monographs and texts and journal articles---a place for readers, say, to flag typos, correct mistakes, fill gaps, provide shortcuts, supply missing references and indicate progress postdating the original publication?

share|cite|improve this question
There is a question on helpful math resources on the web. I suggest if something like this should exist and was not already suggested there, it could be suggested there. And, this can be closed, say as too localised or not a real question (depnding on interpretation). – user9072 Dec 10 '11 at 18:57
Try the nLab. I doubt they'll complain if you make a few pages like that. – S. Carnahan Dec 11 '11 at 6:06
Thank you Scott for that very sharp suggestion. (nLab had not previously shown up on my radar.) – David Feldman Dec 13 '11 at 6:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.