Recently, looking at my author profile on MathSciNet (Am I a narcissist?), I saw that my citations counter is lower than what I expected. After a while, I realized what the problem is:
Many of my papers are cited (both by myself alone, by me plus some coauthors, or by other authors) as
"Authors names, Article title, Journal, (to appear)"
because they were accepted but not yet published at the time. Unfortunately MathSciNet does not count those citations.
Do you know how it is possible to fix this problem? Have any of you had the same problem?
Is there any official email address/website for suggesting corrections to MR citations? (quoting Sam Hopkins)
I guess it is a matter of contact in some way the MathSciNet's reviewers. I tried MathSciNet "Support Mail", but I guess it is only for browser/connection related problems, in fact I got no answers.
Thank you very much for any suggestion.
- I found that when the "to appear" papers are cited as
"Authors names, Article title, Journal (year) (in press)"
then they are correctly handled by MathSciNet citations database. Thus I suggest to do so to everyone who has to cite a "to appear" paper.
- This question is "on hold" since somebody thinks it is off-topic. I can agree that it is quite different from the typical MO questions. However, it seems to me that this kind of problem can interest many researchers, so I will wait at least until some satisfactory answer before close it.