MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What's the correct term for a "undirected cycle" in a directed cycling graph - when there's more than one path between nodes? I'm calling them "diamonds", but is there a better term?

share|cite|improve this question
Do you mean arbitrary undirected cycles, or only undirected cycles composed of two directed paths? – JeffE Jun 1 '12 at 7:38

undirected cycle

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.