Sign up ×
MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Given two Hopf algebras $A,B$ over a field $k$, and a Hopf algebra map $\pi:A \to B$, are there any general tricks for finding a complement to the kernel of $\pi$. That is, how can one find a subspace $C$ such that $C \oplus $ker$(\pi) = A$?

P.S. To confirm, by complement I mean I simply mean vector space complement.

share|cite|improve this question
Let $A, B$ be Hopf algebras over a field $k$. What kind of complement are you looking for, i.e. should $C$ just be a $k$-vector space or should it be an $A$-module ? –  Ralph Jun 28 '11 at 15:49

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.