Sign up ×
MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there a name for such class of modules $M$ such that $M\rightarrow N\rightarrow 0$ splits for every $N$ ?

share|cite|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 6 down vote accepted

These are the semisimple modules. ("Semisimple" is usually defined by the condition that every injection into M splits, but that's clearly equivalent to your condition.)

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.