MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is it possible to define Fourier transforms on locally compact commutative groups using the Kurzweil-Henstock integral instead of the Lebesgue integral?

share|cite|improve this question… – Harry Gindi Mar 22 '10 at 8:58
Do none of those articles answer your question? – Harry Gindi Mar 22 '10 at 8:59
The question is essentially, can you use the Haar measure with the K-H integral. My guess is that it is not possible. The whole beauty of the Lebesgue integral is that it can be defined with respect to an arbitrary measure. – Harry Gindi Mar 22 '10 at 14:01
It's remarkable how quickly this question went to the top of the results for that search (at least on my computer). – Mark Meckes Mar 22 '10 at 16:21
Most of the Tulone and Skvortsov stuff seems to be for zero-dimensional LC groups. – Steve Huntsman Mar 29 '10 at 4:03

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.