Take the 2-minute tour ×
MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suppose that $K_{1}$ and $K_{2}$ are pointed closed cones in a finite-dimensional space $V$ whose Hilbert metrics $d_{1},d_{2}$ are known. Is there a way to express the Hilbert metric of $K_{1}+K_{2}$ in terms of $d_{1}$ and $d_{2}$?

share|improve this question
Do you mean the Hilbert projective metric? –  Suvrit Sep 30 '13 at 14:20
What exactly do you mean by "the Hilbert metric"? –  Rami Oct 3 '13 at 15:50
@suv....rit Sure –  Felix Goldberg Oct 4 '13 at 18:32

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.