MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to study realcompact spaces but I can't find the best book or journal for it, and I really need to.
(sorry I don't write English very well)

share|cite|improve this question
I don't know much about the subject, but the Gillman and Jerison "Rings of continuous functions" is a good book in general. – arsmath Jan 28 '13 at 21:10
I agree strongly with that recommendation. – Gerald Edgar Jan 28 '13 at 21:35
The standard reference is the book on Hewitt-Nachbin spaces by Weir (the title is another alibi of realcompact spaces). – jbc Jan 28 '13 at 21:41
Try Engelking's "General topology" (they are named "Hewitt spaces" therein). – Bojan Kwitek Jan 28 '13 at 21:56
All of references in these comments are useful. Particularly Gilman jerison. – Ali Jan 29 '13 at 1:00

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.