Take the 2-minute tour ×
MathOverflow is a question and answer site for professional mathematicians. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Let A with d be a differential graded associative algebra (DG algebra). What is the definition of Hochschild complex C*(A,A)? There should be a Hoshschild differential and a cup product, but i can't find the reference that specifies the formula. Does any one know?

share|improve this question
A formula appears here arxiv.org/pdf/math/0211229v1.pdf, probably a repeat question... –  Daniel Pomerleano Aug 4 '12 at 18:36
Or try this one: math.sciences.univnantes.fr/~hossein/Publications/…, page 4, since you also wanted a formula for cup product. Sign conventions often differ and it's important to have ones which are consistent. –  Daniel Pomerleano Aug 4 '12 at 18:46
ctg.epfl.ch/files/content/sites/ctg/files/shared/Zhou/… mentions them –  CSA Apr 6 '14 at 18:53
@DanielPomerleano Would you be able to fix the dead link in the second comment? Thanks. –  Todd Trimble Apr 20 at 18:44

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.